Learn all the subtleties and technicalities of iterative and incremental development with the world's most used Agile approach.
Why Scrum Master?
Scrum Alliance proclaims Scrum as a “simple yet incredibly powerful set of principles and practices that help teams deliver products in short cycles, enabling fast feedback, continual improvement, and rapid adaptation to change”.
In today’s world, everybody is getting more and more exposure to agile methodologies and practices where Scrum hold a premium position. In software industry for instance, everybody from the rookie barely typing code to the greatest guru, they have all been involved in a more or less agile project.
Scrum’s fame grew to the point that basic knowledge is already a must for everybody in this industry. Nevertheless, doing Scrum is not easy. Especially if the team is not properly equipped with the right knowledge, experience and mindset. This training is designed to offer a balanced mix of culture understanding, process knowledge and desire to do things right.
- Closing more project on time and within budget
- Build a more intimate relationship with your customers
- Create a result-oriented attitude of the team
- Better identification and management of risks
- Increased participation, ownership, and accountability from stakeholders
- People feel more motivated and empowered
- Increased efficiency of activities through process management
- Knowledge and understanding of different methodologies used in top companies
- Learning to be more organised and the role discipline plays in a project
- Project managers
- Team members (developers, testers, analysts, etc.)
- Team leads and managers
- Business people
|Introduction to methodologies and standards|
The agile value proposition
Agile vs. waterfall
Where does Scrum fit
Agile values and principles
Scrum overview (roles, artefacts, ceremonies)
Scrum Master: deep dive into the role (servant leadership, empowerment, self-organizing teams, sharing information, building teams, conflict management)
|All you need to know about coaching teams|
Other Agile roles
Backlog management (collecting requirements, writing user stories, high level estimations, story points, definition of done, prioritization techniques, refinement)
Sprint planning (story level estimations, planning poker, task management)
Inspect and adapt (daily stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives)
Implementing Scrum in your organisation
- This course in available in English, French, German
- 2-3 days in classroom
- Also available as online or virtual delivery